Football Queensland has confirmed the agenda for the 2022 State Referee Conference, which will be delivered online this Saturday, 5 February.
Referees from all levels of the game across the state will have access to the event through a new interactive virtual platform, with login details to be supplied to all registered participants prior to the conference.
In addition to acknowledging the achievements of the 2021 season including the referee award winners, graduating Referee Academy members and retiring and new FIFA Panel members from Queensland, the 2022 State Referee Conference will feature three main sessions.
Attendees will be split into two breakout rooms for a Laws of the Game update delivered by special guest presenters and highly respected match officials Eddie Lennie and Renae Coghill.
A Football Australia Hall of Fame member and FIFA Referee Instructor for Oceania, Lennie will deliver the Laws of the Game update for senior referees, while the session for junior referees will be delivered by Coghill, a member of the FIFA International Panel of Referees for seven years and elite coach for match officials in the Liberty A-League.
A referee wellbeing session will follow, featuring guest presenters Ash Synnott, Managing Director of Officiating Collective and Diana Sheehan, Executive Director of Daly & Ritchie Consulting.
Finally, a third session on match day process will include important information for the 2022 season on team sheets, the referee pathway, Strategic Plan and more.
Each attendee is required to check in on arrival using the QR code embedded in each presentation.
View the full conference agenda below and register now to attend.
2022 State Referee Conference Agenda
Session One: 9.30am – Welcome & Acknowledgements
- Housekeeping / Welcome to Country (MC)
- Acknowledgement of 2021 Referee Award winners
- Acknowledgement of 2021 Graduating Referee Academy
- Acknowledgement of Renae Coghill retirement
- Acknowledgement of Adam Kersey FIFA Badge
- Nathan Magill from Football Australia
Session Two: 10.00am – Laws of the Game Update by Football Australia (60 minutes)
- Junior Referee Update – Renae Coghill
- Senior Referee Update – Edward Lennie
Session Three: 11.30am – Referee Wellbeing
- Part A: 11:30am: Professional Debriefing – Diana Sheehan (45 minutes)
- Part B: 12:15pm: Officiating Collective – Ash Synnott (45 minutes)
Session Four: 1.30pm – Match Day Process
- FQ Team Sheet
- Pathway – Upgrades
- Code of Conduct / Expectations
- Strategic Plan and Structure 2022
- Response to Survey
Session Five: 3.00pm – Closing Remarks (inc. door prize winners)